Traditionally, a latte is a coffee drink made with espresso and steamed milk, but screw tradition, and tickle your tastebuds with an easy, homemade TEA latte.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Tickled Tea of your choosing
Tea mug and infuser
Sweetener (I used plain white sugar for this recipe)
Milk Frother or Emulsion Blender
Garnish of choice (ex. cinnamon, chocolate shavings, orange zest - depending on tea flavour)
1. Choose your Tickled Tea of choice. It is quite common for tea lattes to be made from strongly flavoured blends, such as Chai Five, however sweet and fruity teas are quite delicious too. For this recipe I used Rum & Cola tea.
2. Measure twice the amount of loose leaf Tickled Tea you would usually use for one cup. You could even triple it if you'd like, for an even stronger flavour. Place in your tea infuser and steep. The longer the steep the better!
4. While the tea steeps, heat milk in the microwave or a saucepan on the stove. Do not boil! Any type of milk will do, regular, almond, soy etc. It is up to you!
5. Add sweetener to the warmed milk, to taste.
5. Use an emulsion blender to whip the milk into a nice froth. If you don't have an emulsion blender, no worries! There are many ways to froth milk. You could use a traditional blender, a fancy store bought frother, or even shake the milk in a closed jar for a minute.
6. Pour the steeped Tickled Tea into a larger mug, about half way to 3/4 full.